October 12, 2020
Dear Residents and Staff, Families and Friends,
We are very pleased to report Clare Oaks’ assisted living and skilled nursing care communities have progressed to CMS Phase Three, the highest ranking and a big step to opening more areas of our campus.
Effective today and just in time for a change in the weather, families now can visit assisted living and skilled nursing care residents indoors. Here is the current plan
- Two rooms—the HCC Conference Room and the Discovery Room—are reserved for family visits
- Families should reserve their visitation time as they have been with a Community Life staff member
- A Community Life staff member will direct families to their destination when they arrive through the 829 entrance
Requirements for family and friends remain the same
Clare Oaks also continues to limit visitors to two people from the same household who agree to comply with the following requirements
- Respond to a phone call for prescreening 24 hours before their visit
- Agree to report any symptoms of COVID-19 that occur during three days after their visit
- Provide their personal contact information to facilitate contact tracing which Clare Oaks will conduct if necessary
- Contact Clare Oaks if they develop symptoms related to COVID-19 within three days of their visit
- Observe all basic safety practices including wearing a face mask, maintain six-foot social distancing and practice hand-hygiene while on campus
While these IDPH guidelines do not apply directly to independent living residents, we encourage independent living residents to continue planning outdoor visitations following the same procedure and schedule.
Clare Oaks still advocates for telehealth visits for all residents unless it is absolutely necessary to see a healthcare professional in person.
Since March, Clare Oaks has been blessed with a low number of COVID-19 cases, including four residents and six staff members. All have recuperated in accordance with CDC guidelines.
This is one reason why we require all residents and visitors to always
- Wear a mask in all common areas and while interacting with each other
- Observe six-foot social distancing at all gatherings, including outdoor events, and individual encounters when walking in hallways and delivering mail and packages to a neighbor
- Practice hand-hygiene throughout the day
In addition, our staff members follow a regime including
- Screening at the beginning of and during each shift
- Wearing appropriate PPE, when necessary
- Monitoring for clinical changes regarding COVID-19 symptoms all assisted living, memory care and skilled nursing care residents and responding to questions about the virus from independent living residents who monitor themselves
- Maintaining a clean, disinfected community
While it is not in use at this time, Clare Oaks maintains our COVID-19 isolation unit and monitors our inventory of PPE in case a resident needs this support.
The test results from the week of September 28th were all returned negative for COVID-19. In compliance with IDPH regulations, for the week of October 5th we tested 163 of our staff members. As of late this afternoon, we received 158 negative test results and are waiting on the results for the remaining 5 tests. No residents were tested last week. Even while these test results are pending, on this Tuesday we will conduct required testing for employees.
Our gratitude to you
Only with your thoughtful collaboration are we able to make progress on so many fronts. We thank everyone who has played an essential role in caring for our extended Clare Oaks family.
Stay healthy and safe,
Chief Executive Officer