TO All Residents, Their Families and POAs
All Staff Members
FROM Gigi Walker
DATE October 23, 2020
SUBJ UDPATE: Positive Test Result for One Employee
A dining services employee in Independent Living, who last worked on Saturday, October 17, received a positive test result for COVID-19 on Thursday, October 22.
A member of this employee’s household had received a positive test for COVID-19. In accordance with our policy, this employee was immediately removed from the schedule. The employee was tested for COVID-19 and subsequently received a positive test result. At this time, the employee remains asymptomatic and is isolating at home and will return to work, when appropriate, in accordance with IDPH guidelines. Please respect the privacy of this person by following HIPAA guidelines.
Clare Oaks continues to adhere to all guidelines
At Clare Oaks, we remain committed to following all protocols and practices prescribed by our local and state health departments as well as the CDC and CMS to prevent the spread of the virus.
- All staff members continue to wear the appropriate PPE, which may include gowns, masks, and goggles or face shields, in order to prevent the spread of infection.
- We continue to screen employees when they start each shift and during each shift.
- Staff members are tested for COVID-19 based on guidelines from IDPH and CMS.
- Our housekeeping team remains steadfast in frequently disinfecting our campus following IDPH and CDC guidelines.
- We closely monitor all residents in Assisi Health Care Center to detect signs or symptoms of COVID-19.
- We continue to educate residents in Independent Living about the signs and symptoms of COVID-19 and have instructed them to report to staff if they are experiencing any of those symptoms.
We are all committed to fighting this virus together. Thank you for your support.