TO All Residents, Their Families and POAs
All Staff Members
FROM Gigi Walker
DATE October 26, 2020
SUBJ UDPATE: Positive Test Result for One Employee
As a result of our ongoing testing for the virus, we were notified that one staff member received a positive result for COVID-19 for a test taken last week.
This Dining Services employee, who is asymptomatic, last worked on Sunday, October 25, in the Independent Living Dining Room. This staff member is isolating at home and will return to work, when appropriate, in accordance with IDPH guidelines. Please respect the privacy of this person by following HIPAA guidelines.
This is the second employee in Independent Living Dining Services who has tested positive during the past week. In addition, we are taking into account the escalating positivity rate for the area surrounding Clare Oaks’ campus. On Sunday, the rate for suburban Cook County, where we are located, has increased for eight consecutive days and reached 7.5 percent and nearby DuPage and Kane Counties now are put on restrictive measures due to their 9.3 positivity rate.
Therefore, we are taking more measures to protect the residents and staff of Clare Oaks. Effective immediately, the following changes will are in place for Independent Living residents and remain in effect for the next 14 days based on the assumption there are no new cases of the virus in this area:
- No visitors will be allowed into the building.
- Meals will be provided on a carryout basis only.
- The beauty salon will remain open.
- Group activities on campus are suspended, including Mass, Communion and exercise classes.
- BINGO will be available on the phone line.
Clare Oaks continues to adhere to all guidelines
At Clare Oaks, we remain committed to following all protocols and practices prescribed by our local and state health departments as well as the CDC and CMS to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- All staff members continue to wear the appropriate PPE, which may include gowns, masks, and goggles or face shields, in order to prevent the spread of infection.
- We continue to screen employees when they start each shift and during each shift.
- Staff members are tested for COVID-19 based on guidelines from IDPH and CMS.
- Our housekeeping team remains steadfast in frequently disinfecting our campus following IDPH and CDC guidelines.
- We closely monitor all residents in Assisi Health Care Center to detect signs or symptoms of COVID-19.
- We continue to educate residents in Independent Living about the signs and symptoms of COVID-19 and have instructed them to report to staff if they are experiencing any of those symptoms.
We understand that he need to adjust to the current challenges is disappointing, but this measure is important to keep everyone as safe as possible. We are all committed to fighting together to abate the spread of this virus.
Thank you for your support and cooperation.