TO All Residents, Their Families and POAs
All Staff Members
FROM Gigi Walker
DATE September 5, 2020
SUBJ UDPATE: Positive Test Result for One Resident
On Friday, September 4, 2020, we received a positive test result for one resident in our short-term rehab unit, who was admitted here from the hospital during the last 14 days. The individual, who remains asymptomatic for the virus, was discharged, as scheduled, on Friday. This person now is isolating at home in accordance with the CDC’s guidelines.
On Tuesday and Wednesday of this week, we conducted COVID-19 testing for 64 residents in skilled nursing care, assisted living and memory support. We also tested all 182 staff campus-wide. All other 245 tests for residents and staff are confirmed negative for COVID-19.
Clare Oaks continues to adhere to all guidelines
At Clare Oaks, we remain committed to following all protocols and practices prescribed by our local and state health departments as well as the CDC and CMS to prevent the spread of the virus.
- All staff members and residents wear a face mask, observe social distancing and practice hand-hygiene.
- We continue to screen employees when they start each shift and during each shift.
- Our housekeeping team remains steadfast in frequently disinfecting our campus following IDPH and CDC guidelines.
- We closely monitor all residents in Assisi Health Care Center to detect signs or symptoms of COVID-19.
- We continue to educate residents in independent living about the signs and symptoms of COVID-19 and instruct them to report to staff if they are experiencing any of those symptoms.
- All staff members continue to wear the appropriate PPE, which may include gowns, masks, and goggles or face shields, in order to prevent the spread of infection.
We are all committed to fighting this virus together. Thank you for your support.