TO All Residents, Their Families and POAs
All Staff Members
FROM Gigi Walker
DATE August 28, 2020
SUBJ UDPATE: Positive Test Result for One Employee
On Friday, August 28, 2020, we were notified that one employee received a positive test result for COVID-19. This staff member, a CNA, last worked in Assisted Living on Saturday, August 22, and in the Rehab unit on Sunday, August 23.
On Monday, August 24, this employee developed symptoms and did not report to work. The employee was removed from the schedule and was tested by the person’s physician for COVID-19. The employee is isolating at home and will return to work, when appropriate, in accordance with IDPH guidelines. Please respect the privacy of this person by following HIPAA guidelines.
Under the IDPH guidelines, we will begin testing all staff as well residents in Assisted Living, Memory Support and Skilled Nursing. Testing will be conducted on a weekly basis as required by IDPH guidelines.
Clare Oaks continues to adhere to all guidelines
At Clare Oaks, we remain committed to following all protocols and practices prescribed by our local and state health departments as well as the CDC and CMS to prevent the spread of the virus.
- All staff members continue to wear the appropriate PPE, which may include gowns, masks, and goggles or face shields, in order to prevent the spread of infection.
- We continue to screen employees when they start each shift and during each shift.
- Our housekeeping team remains steadfast in frequently disinfecting our campus following IDPH and CDC guidelines.
- We closely monitor all residents in Assisi Health Care Center to detect signs or symptoms of COVID-19.
- We continue to educate residents in Independent Living about the signs and symptoms of COVID-19 and instructed them to report to staff if they are experiencing any of those symptoms.
We are all committed to fighting this virus together. Thank you for your support.